Wednesday, May 26, 2010

Compare and Contrast

Kari had her 4-month check up yesterday. She's right on track and we're very fortunate that she continues to be such a happy and healthy baby! As I was thinking back, I was curious how the other two compared at her age and so I searched the photo archives of our computer and came up with these shots of Emily and Christian at right around 4 months old. My, how time flies!

Emily, in an outfit that Kari just wore a couple of weeks ago! She weighed in at 15 lbs 9 oz and was 25 inches long.

Christian, my chunkers, tipped the scales at 18 lbs, 1 oz and was 25 1/2 inches long at 4 months.


And, here's sweet little Kari, weighing in at 15 lbs, 4 oz and is 26 inches long. This past month she's been through 2 growth spurts and has begun putting everything in her mouth as well. She's also starting to twist back and forth and is so close to flipping all the way over onto her tummy. Most nights she only gets up once and during the day she'll usually stay awake for 1 1/2-2 hrs before getting tired and needing to go down for a nap. Her smile and giggle are just to DIE for and she's even getting better about her car seat! (I think the fact that her vision has cleared up has something to do with that.) There are challenging days (and nights) but we're adjusting and I even was very brave (for me) and took all three kids to the zoo by myself this week! Kari is a joy to have in our family and I can't wait to see how she'll look as she gets grows!

3 comments:

Cara said...

It amazes me how much Emily and Christian's baby pictures look just like them! There's no doubt who those little ones are!

The Brough Family said...

Kathleen, that is so fun to see all three at about the same age. Such cuties... all three. Way to go on the zoo. You ARE brave. It gets easier i promise!!!

whitney allison said...

I can't believe how big Christian was, Berkley at 8 1/2 months weighs 17 pounds! Crazy