Thursday, June 17, 2010

My Beautiful Baby at 5 Months



So this little girl has me wrapped around her chubby little finger. She brings me so much joy, despite the amazing amount of work she requires! The "little baby" phase has never been my favorite (I really dislike the newborn stage--I'm just too physically and hormonally drained!) but with Kari, I'm finally enjoying the baby stage more so than I did with the other two. I guess motherhood has been a learned art for me!
Kari has found her toes and can scoot herself a full 360 degrees on the floor. She also likes to move herself to the top left area of her crib where her Big Bird stuffed toy is. She may just become my earliest crawler! She also was recently introduced to the exersaucer and has found it extremely interesting. Kari is also getting closer to sitting up by herself--hurray!!! I love her smile. I love her laugh. I love the raspberries she blows and the slobbery, open-mouth kisses she gives to me! I even love the screechy raptor noises she makes when she's trying to tell us something that we're just not quick enough to pick up on! Ah, little girl. I'm so grateful that you came to our little family.

1 comment:

Amber M. said...

What a cutie! Could it be so long ago I left and you were still pregnant?? Where does the time go?

It was so fun to talk to you...sorry I had to go so suddenly. We'll do it again soon. better yet...meet you for lunch?? Wyoming is about halfway...