Monday, October 22, 2012

(Almost) Eight-year-old Pictures

Last week my friend, Melanie, (who also took Juliana's pictures) had a much easier subject to photograph--Emily!  Emily will be turning EIGHT on December 1st and, as a part of our faith, getting baptized!  It's a very big deal as we believe she will have reached the age of accountability and will have taken a big step in the process of growing up!
To celebrate this milestone, I wanted to get some pictures taken of our growing girl.  Normally, I would've waited until she was officially eight.  But, December in Nebraska can be unpredictable!  So, we did them now, when the weather is still our friend!  Here are a few of our beautiful big girl!



 For these pictures we had two different dresses.  The first (in the above pictures) is a new one we found that really fits Emily's personality and the occasion.  The second dress (in the last few pictures below) is the dress I wore to my own baptism.  Back in those days there were no digital cameras, only film.  Well, after my baptism, my mom went to get the film developed and discovered that there was no.film.in.the.camera.  She was devestated.  So, there are no pictures of my baptism or of this dress.  It was only natural, then, for my mom and I to want to get a couple of pictures of Emily in my old dress.  She wasn't thrilled (it's an old-fashioned dress with "too much lace," according to Emily), but, she agreed to take a couple of pictures to make us happy.  And we're so glad she did!  The dress looked just beautiful on her and the pictures turned out so pretty.


 
She wanted to make a silly face--true Emily style!
Beautiful pictures of a beautiful young lady!  Can it really be possible that she's turning eight??!


3 comments:

Lori said...

Beautiful pictures of your beautiful girl!! I like both dresses :)

Van Ry Clan of Layton Ave said...

Love the pictures, I love your dress more than hers, is that bad?

Topper said...

What a dear to wear the dress for you guys. Love your fam.