Saturday, November 10, 2012

Pumpkin Pie Squares

My mother-in-law emailed this recipe to me a couple of weeks ago and, loving pumpkin the way I do, Kari and I thought we'd try our hand at making them.  This recipe did not disappoint!  In fact, I loved them so much I'm pretty sure I ate half of the pan all by myself.  I had to give them away to my neighbors to keep from finishing the pan off!
So, if you'd like to gain 5 lbs in one week (and, really, who wouldn't?!), here is the recipe:

Bottom layer:

1 package yellow cake mix
1/2 cup margarine
1 egg

Mix together and reserve one cup. Press the rest into 9 x 13 pan(having greased bottom of pan only).

Filling:
3 cups pumpkin 2 tsp cinnamon
1+1/4 cup sugar 1 tsp ginger
2/3 cup milk 1/2 tsp cloves
2 eggs

Mix together and pour over bottom layer.

Topping:
1 cup reserve mix from bottom layer 1/4 cup cut up margarine
1/4 cup sugar 1 tsp cinnamon

Cut in together and plop on top of pumpkin mixture randomly.
Bake at 350 degrees for 50 minutes.

Enjoy!!

3 comments:

Lori said...

Those look good!! I may have to try that today!!!

Josh and Jen said...

those look awesome!

Rebecca said...

Thank you for the nice compliment. These have been a favorite of mine for a long time.