Wednesday, April 3, 2013

Easter Egg Date

Last Saturday was the city's annual Easter egg hunt!  It was during nap time so Cubby stayed home (and watched basketball) while the little girls napped, and I got to take my two big kids on a date!  

This egg hunt is BIG and FAST.  Thankfully, the hunt is divided into age groups so it's fairly organized chaos.  Of course, in a town like ours, you meet up with friends pretty much where ever you go!  The boys had fun screaming, "I WANT CANDY!!!!"
 Emily was part of the "big kids" section and she and her big friend were pretty sweet and excited.
 The girls proved they could be silly too.
 Here are the spoils...

 Afterwards, I treated the kids to DQ and a trip to the library.  The library?  A treat?  Yup.  They both have book series that they're into and had been wanting to go all week.  Trust me, it's soooo much easier to take my two big kids than all four of them!  It was a wonderful afternoon, just hanging with Emily and Christian.

No comments: