Monday, January 27, 2014

New Years!

 Oh my goodness!  New Year's Eve was sooo fun!  Cubby and I haven't been out on New Year's Eve since we chaperoned a youth dance all the way back when we were engaged!!  In the years since, we either stayed in with his family, or my family, or we've had babies and just been too dang tired to make the effort.  This year, though, we were determined to get out and I'm so glad we did!  Grandma and Grandpa offered to hold down the fort and played games with the big kids so they had fun too :-).
 Cubby and some of his friends that he plays basketball with actually put the evening together!  No planning on my part=AWESOME.  We went to a restaurant called, "Bravo," which, was delicious!  I think we must have been there for 3 hours!  At long last, we headed to one of our friend's home and kept the party going by firing up the deep fryer and experimented with deep-friend twinkies, candy bars, and oreo cookies.  I was thoroughly grossed out...until I tried one.  Super yummy, but definitely just a once-a-year type of a thing for this girl!



After the fat-frying was done, the boys went downstairs to play ping pong and the girls got to hang out and talk.  The guys did break to come up for their midnight kisses though!

Thanks, guys, for putting together such a fun night!

Happy New Year!

No comments: