Saturday, August 21, 2010

Funny Girl


Little Kari is becoming quite the character--she watches her brother and sister all day long so is this really all that surprising? The other day she and Christian were just hamming it up on our bed--Christian was being my helper and reading her a book (her favorite are the touch-and-feel kind). I was getting ready in our bathroom and I can hear them both giggling pretty hard. It was so cute! Even though Emily is now gone during the day, Christian has found a new little friend in Kari. Thankfully, he knows not to pummel her like he does his big sis!

And, who can resist taking bathtime pictures?! They're just too cute. Kari loves her baths and even has enough hair for me to put it in a little mohawk of her own! Ha!






Finally, at the end of the day (well, about every 2-3 hrs), Kari needs her beauty rest. I usually refrain from taking pictures while the kids sleep (they might just wake up!) but she'd been sleeping for awhile and we needed to go somewhere so it didn't matter if she woke up or not :-).
It's just too sweet.

In other Kari-related news, she is sooooo close to crawling! So close, in fact, that Cubby and I are betting she'll be mobile by the end of the week! At 7 months, she'll be my earliest crawler---Emily hated being on her tummy and we thought she'd skip crawling all together (and she almost did--I think she crawled for about 2 weeks at 9 1/2 months before walking at 10 mo). Christian was just so fat that it was tougher for him to get going! He was closer to 9 mos as well and walked at 11 mos. So, Kari is my early-bird! Get out the baby gates! Oh boy!

2 comments:

Cara said...

Oh that first picture is so darling! She's such a cutie!

Albanie said...

EVeryone is looking so grown up! Emily to school, Christian with a mohawk, and Kari about to crawl. I think Jace is pretty close too, but he's already 9 months in two weeks. They all have their own timing, don't they?