Sunday, October 31, 2010

Back in the Saddle

This past Saturday morning, I ran in the Monster Dash held at (you guessed it!), Vala's! (It's a popular place, I tell you!) This was my first race since Kari's been born and, despite the air being a tad chilly!, was a lot of fun and very fulfilling for me. I was supposed to have done a run waaaayyyy back in April, but my milk supply went way down and I had to back off until around September when she started eating more baby food and nursing less.

Jessica was very festive and was such a cute bee! I didn't think about a costume until 6:30 that morning and so I guess I'll dress up next year :-). One guy out there even painted himself completely blue and was only wearing his blue shorts! (He looked a bit cold, but he was also one of the super-fast runners and so he wasn't out there for too long!) Thankfully, it wasn't as cold as it could have been--it turned out to be such a gorgeous day!

Since the air was so chilly (and will only get chillier!) Jessica and I will wait to do another race until spring. Maybe this winter I'll try putting the treadmill on an incline so those hills won't be so killer!

3 comments:

Amber M. said...

Ah, the Monster Dash! Brings back happy memories!! My favorite was the guy in the chicken suit.

Candis said...

Good for you lady!

Jenn said...

Way to go! I'll be ready for races in the spring!