Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Hop On Over!

So, if you haven't guessed already, the theme for Kari's birthday was a Bunny theme! Her lovie is a bunny; hence, she really likes them! It gave me a chance to go very soft and very "pretty" too--a lot of fun!

My sister came over one afternoon and helped me out with the invitations--cute, aren't they? Thanks, Erin!!
Then, my friend, Jenn, came to the rescue with her cricut (sooo cool!) and I was able to make Kari's "Happy Birthday" sign. I think it turned out great! (Thanks, Jenn!!!) My mom lent me some of her pretty milk glass dishes and a bunny cake mold, I used some of our Easter (bunny) decorations and voila! A Bunny Birthday!
I also did a bit of simple decorating in our kitchen. The kids had drawn Kari some pictures (Emily made her own little sign for her) and I wanted to display them. Kari was very tickled with it all!

We had the family (and our neighbor) over for cake and presents. Simple, but really perfect for our little one-year-old. Kari just SOAKED up all of the attention. It was really darling to watch her. She loved each present so much that she wanted to share her excitement with everyone. So, she'd make her rounds, showing each person her gift (well, the smaller ones that she could carry!) It brought tears to our neighbor's eyes; it was so sweet.

Here she is, enjoying her baby doll that looks a lot like she does!
One of her big surprises--this is seriously the BEST toy for any one year old (heck, even Emily and Christian love it!)
Kari also got a new big-girl carseat! Even though she still has to ride facing backwards (not only is she not yet 20 lbs, but doctors are now recommending infants stay rear-facing until they're two.) Not as exciting to turn one as it used to be, but at least she now has a super-awesome carseat to chill in!
It was, again, such a wonderful day! Kari was the center of attention and was loving every minute of it! She is so special and we are so lucky to have such a sweet, loving baby!

5 comments:

Stephanie said...

Happy birthday to an adorable one year old! Such a cute idea for her birthday party. You did a great job with the decorating and it looks like she absolutely loved it. (I didn't know that it was now suggested they stay rear facing until 2. Seems like their legs would get too long.)

The Brough Family said...

What a darling first birthday idea. I love the banner! So cute. She is adorable and seems to have the sweetest little personality. Congrats to Mom too for surviving the first year! First birthdays are as much a celebration for Mom as they are for kids. Happy Birthday sweet Kari! Sure hope we get to meet you someday!

Cara said...

It turned out so darling! Great job!

Lori said...

What a great party! I am so glad you found someone to help with the banner. It all turned out great. What a cutie Miss Kari is!!

Jenn said...

Your sign turned out beautiful! I'll have to make one someday. I'm glad the cricut worked well...I'll have to use it more often. Can't believe Kari is one!