Friday, January 20, 2012

Kari's Non-Minnie Mouse Party

For Kari's birthday, I'd planned on doing a "Minnie Mouse" theme (b/c she LOVES Minnie Mouse). I was looking online for ideas, and I ended up finding these DARLING Minnie Mouse invites, banner, and cupcake toppers from an Etsy shop. This was just over two weeks before her birthday. So, I contacted the gal with the shop and gave her the specifics of what I wanted and asked if this would be enough time to do it. A few days pass and she gets back to me that yes, it would be fine. So, everything is going fine.


Then, I get an email from her that her machine broke for a few days and so she's late in sending things out but will overnight everything. All she needs is my address. I email it back. Saturday before Kari's birthday comes and goes and NOTHING. Sooooo...Saturday night, I dig into our "birthday box" and make due with what we have. And, for last minute, I think it turns out pretty cute (especially since Kari's two and not exactly picky when it comes to a theme anyway).

So, anyhow, I get an email from this gal on Wednesday, saying that she just checked her spam folder and that my emails had somehow ended up there! She hadn't sent anything since she a) didn't get my address and b) then concluded that I'd changed my mind about it all. UGH. But, like I said, it did all turn out to be just fine for a sweet little two-yr-old's cupcake party with a couple of friends and our family over. Nothing fancy, but she was sure excited to be the center of attention!

And, even though she didn't get the "themed" Minnie Mouse party, she got plenty of Minnie Mouse stuff (wrapping paper and all)! I also need to add that when Kari says "Minnie Mouse" it comes out sounding like "Minnie Boat." Very funny and cute, I must say.


Kari even got a great big Minnie Mouse to snuggle with at night. (And to have as a new guest at her tea parties during the day!)


More loot :-). (I had Kari in other clothes, but she insisted upon wearing her "dancing dress."


Here are my attempts at cupcakes. (Kari does not like cake very much, but she does like cupcakes! Funny girl.)

Here are some of our little friends/neighbors that came over to celebrate. Kari was hopping around soooo excited when they all came over--just for her!!

These are Kari's little friends, Alexa and Campbell. All very busy with various "electronics." They sure are sweet little girls and Kari really loves playing with them.


After the present and cupcake madness, we sent the kids all downstairs. Christian, however, wanted to stay upstairs and do a couple of big puzzles with Uncle Kyle and Auntie Erin. It was very sweet to watch them all work together :-).

So, there you have it, folks. The non-Minnie Mouse party. I was disappointed at the miscommunications and I'll probably end up either planning a bit further in advance next time or just buy the stupid Cricut cartridge and do the work myself like I have in the past! So much for trying to simplify! Kari still had a great time regardless of the theme!

1 comment:

Lori said...

She looks like she had a blast!!