Monday, August 26, 2013

Kari's First Day of Preschool!

Both girls, ready to go!
 Today, Kari started preschool!  Wow, is she really old enough to start preschool??

This year we chose to try a different school called "Little Lites."  It's actually one I considered originally with Emily, but since we joined the Y, we ended up sending both she and Christian there.  But, now that we are no longer members, I wanted to try it out once again.  We have had so many friends who have said really wonderful things and, based on Kari's first-day report, they were right!
Isn't this picture just too sweet?!

On the front steps, trying her best to give me a natural smile :-).

Ready to "just go in, Mom!"
Kari was very excited, and very brave.  When we pulled up to her school, she said, "Ok, Mommy, you can go now.  I can walk in by myself."  I said, "I'm pretty sure your teachers want me to come in to drop you off."  Rolling her eyes, Kari says, "Okayyyyyy...."

Her teachers are Mrs. Marshall and Mrs. "A" (she has a long last name.)  They both have a lot of experience and are also very sweet.

When I picked her up, she was singing the "Hello" song and told me she really liked it when they sang, "Hello, Kari."  And then they painted and played play-doh and learned to sit in a circle all together.  She said they also played outside and that she got all sweaty.  (We're having a heat wave and it was 80 degrees at 8 a.m.)  Oh, and Kari also insisted that she has preschool everyday, rather than just twice a week.

I think she's going to like this whole preschool thing...


No comments: