Tuesday, November 5, 2013

Channeling Great-Great Auntie Lila


A couple of Sunday's ago I had Juliana put on this darling coat and hat set.  They originally belonged to my Great-Auntie Lila (my Grandma Carolyn's oldest sister) and have made it down through the family to little Miss Juliana.  The other girls never wore it (I'm guessing either my mom hadn't gotten it yet or the seasons weren't right when they were the right size for it).  So, it's something special just for Juliana.

This isn't the first thing that has come down from Auntie Lila.  All three girls have worn a red jumper dress made by her.  (Actually, Juliana is wearing it underneath this jacket, but I didn't get a picture of her in just the dress...we needed to get to church.)  Also, when Juliana was born, Auntie Lila was 95 years old and in the final year of her life.  Still, she loved to sew and made a blanket (see picture below) and a bib for her.  Lila told my Grandma that she just loved Juliana's name--so sweet and feminine in her opinion.  (I couldn't agree more!)  Auntie Lila was 13 years older than my Grandma and so she was not only a sister, but also a mother-figure to her as well as she helped raise my Grandma quite a bit.  They were very close and Lila was a wonderful person.

Softy blanket made by Auntie Lila--it's in Juliana's bed :-).

I liked this picture so much I had to post it in a couple of different effects.



She is so precious!

No comments: