Sunday, November 10, 2013

Pumpkin Carving FHE

 The Monday night before Halloween we carved pumpkins for Family Home Evening (FHE).  Now, when I say "we," I mean Cubby scooped out the guts and I carved the faces.  Well, the first two pumpkins anyway.  By the third one, Emily and Christian were ready to help out with the carving.  How come none of my children like the guts, huh??  They don't mind touching gross things outside like worms and mud...you'd think they would think this would be cool.
Kari, our resident kitty-cat, did a good job of supervising
 Grandma and Grandpa came over for the festivities too.
Emily got her snuggle on.  Very sweet that she still loves to snuggle with her Gma.
Juliana loves to read with Grandpa.
  
Our big kids, each taking their turn carving.
We had the Curious George Halloween special on the TV.  The kids loved it.  (And I think George is one of my favorite cartoons so all was well.)
 The finished products!  One three-eyed pumpkin, one Frankenstein pumpkin and one vampire pumpkin.


Pretty cool, I must say!

No comments: