Sunday, May 18, 2014

Happy Birthday, Cubby!

Happy Birthday, honey!  Cheerios yummy?
Cubby turned 35 this year!  (Doesn't look a day over 29, does he?)  He came home at lunch so we could head over to the ultrasound and then worked hard on making calzones for dinner (we'd never made them before so it was just kind of an experiment...that turned out pretty good!) and trying not to laugh too hard at my Disaster Cake.  (I then sent he and Christian out to DQ to buy an ice cream cake--the cake I'm pretty sure he'd actually wanted all along :-).)

After dinner, our big reveal, and cake, it was time for presents!  This year I made Cubby his very own Corn Hole game!  I bought the wood and Home Depot cut it for me and then a friend of ours cut the boards and circles and screw it all together.  Then the fun began!  Sanding and painting and then painting some more!  (And, hiding the boards at a neighbor's house for two weeks while I worked on them during nap time allowed me to really surprise him!)  It was worth it though bc he really liked them.
One board is BYU and the other is Syracuse :-)
 Then, on Saturday, we had a party (of sorts).  We invited some of our friends that Cubby plays basketball with and our family and neighbors over for some grilled hot dogs, burgers, and birthday cake :-).  It was a beautiful day and we had a great time with a lot of our friends.
The kids LOVED having so many of their friends over!
Yummy Disaster Cake--kids loved it!

Ju-Ju loved the cookies--Great Gma always on hand with a napkin!
 I really wish I would've taken more pictures, but I was so busy with everything it just didn't happen.  Now, Cubby's not much for parties, but he was a good sport about this and may have even had some fun ;-).

Happy Birthday, Cubby!  We sure do love you!

No comments: