Wednesday, August 27, 2014

Nauvoo (Part 2)

The next day we headed down to walk around the temple.  Having absolutely no idea where things were, we figured the temple would be a pretty safe location to start out at!

It was just beautiful.  The feeling surrounding even the grounds itself was amazing and you could tell that even the children all knew what a special place it was.  Juliana kept saying, "Temple!  Temple!"  She caught on quickly :-).


"Temple!  Temple!"

Our beautiful children--and a decent picture of all of them to boot!

Cubby and me...and my belly :-)
My big boy and me!
 We then let Emily and Christian take turns with the camera--they got some good shots in!

My old friend, Alex, who I've known since I was 14!, just happened to be in Nauvoo with his family!
(They were on their way out and we were lucky enough to get to meet up for a few minutes!)  Sadly, this is the only picture we got of the reunion!  It was fun to see him and meet his family though and he gave us lots of good tips on where to go and what to do while we were in Nauvoo.
Beautiful flowers--to match the absolutely GORGEOUS weather we were blessed with all week!
Seriously, I wouldn't have lasted more than 10 minutes outside had this been a typical summer in Nauvoo!
Christian's sweet selfie!
"Keepin' it cool" with Cousin William
Aunt Sara and Uncle Kirk
More shots courtesy of the big kids...



We love our cousins!


Some attempts at a big group shot!


Our forever family!

No comments: