Thursday, November 12, 2015

Mother's Day 2015

 Mother.  I have been fortunate enough to believe and know what a beautiful word it truly is.  Even now, when I'm all grown up, I still look to my mother for guidance and, when I'm not feeling well, a good dose of empathy!  She always knows just what I need.  (I'm pretty sure that's what every mom's sixth sense really is.)  My mom is soft and kind.  Oftentimes I know she's remarked to me that she wishes she was more outspoken, funny, and direct.  But, you see, that's all part of her charm.  Within her family, she is all of those!  My mom is very good at voicing her opinion and making her wishes known; whether you are in-tune enough to catch on when she is telling you the way something should be is up to you!  (She is from the Midwest, after all!)  We also have so many good memories of her making jokes (whether they are intentional or not--which makes it all the more funny!).  She has taught me so many things, but, above all the rest, nothing is more important than family.  I love her and her continued example of love and service.


No comments: