Thursday, May 8, 2008

Dad

To live in the hearts of others is not to die

Today it has been fourteen years since my dad passed away. It's an odd anniversary for me since I was fourteen when he died. It's strange that I've now been alive longer since he's been gone than when he was here.

I miss my dad, simple as that. I miss his sense of humor and his laugh. I miss his voice (speaking and singing). I miss him for my children, who I know, would have LOVED to have played with him. The grieving process is a strange thing in that time never really heals the hole left from a loved one's departure. I'm so grateful for eternal families and that one day, my kids will know Grandpa Vic and I can once again get a hug from my dad.

4 comments:

The Brough Family said...

That is such a sweet tribute to your Dad. You will be in my thoughts.

Albanie said...

It is so nice to know that we will all be together again someday. Kyle looks so much like him. Very handsome.

Lacey said...

I can only imagine how hard it still is for you. It is a blessing that we have the knowledge that we do so we know that we will see those who have passed. I have never seen a picture of your dad and it is amazing how much him and Kyle look alike. I imagine that looking at Kyle brings back many memories.

Walker said...

Such a sweet note about your father. I am glad that you shared that with us. Forever families is a wonderful blessing.