Sunday, June 26, 2011

Happy Birthday, Grandma!



Yesterday we celebrated my Grandma's 80th birthday! My mom organized a great party in her honor. My aunt flew in from France and my uncle and his family drove down from Minnesota. Other family and friends also drove and it was a wonderful evening. We all enjoyed celebrating the life of such a fabulous woman.




Here is a picture of my grandma when she was about one. So darling and I think there is a strong resemblance between she and Emily when she was this age.


Here are "the grandkids." Well, I have three other cousins (who are from France) that weren't able to be there. But, my sister put together a darling scrapbook that each of the grandkids contributed their favorite memories and pictures of Grandma Carolyn so the absent cousins were able to share their thoughts and memories w/my grandma on her special day.


Here is Grandma w/her great-grandchildren (plus the two Annas b/c they were part of "the little kid" group). Christian decided to be a little twerp and make scowly-faces. He was all smirky smiles just after the picture was taken!


More on the festivities to come...didn't want one post to become too photo heavy.


Happy 80th Birthday, Grandma! You're the best--we love you!!!

1 comment:

Lori said...

She looks amazing!! Those are some good genes ya got there!! Happy Birthday to your Grandma!!