Tuesday, November 4, 2008

For Posterity

Well, I'd better document our Halloween, for posterity's sake. It was a beautiful evening--very un-Nebraska at Halloween. (We are known for the Halloween blizzards now and again.) But, it was gorgeous! We picked up Grandma and headed over to a neighborhood with lots' of little kids (Emily had a "scary" encounter with a mummy on a front porch last year and we wanted none of that this year!) Emily had started to fade again and so she rode around in her wagon; she doesn't like candy anyhow and so I don't think she was too upset about riding. Poor girl! (Incidentally, we did go to the doctor's on Saturday and found out what was wrong and got some antibiotics. She is now back to her busy and happy self. Thank goodness for modern medicine!) However, the night wasn't a total wash for her as she's already asking about what I think her friends are going to be for Halloween next year! Christian picked up on what to do pretty quickly and proceded to run from house to house, trying to eat each piece of candy that he'd received from the previous house, before "asking" for some more! I even got him to say "trick-or-treat"! I tried to get it on video, but I didn't catch it quick enough and he was way too busy for a retake. He LOVED Halloween and was a huge sticky mess at the end of the evening.

7 comments:

Lacey said...

He looks like he really enjoyed his candy. I'm glad that Emily is starting to feel better.

Cammy Aller said...

Love the costumes! Avery would have had a ball with Christian, she also caught on really fast to the Trick or Treating. So glad it didnt snow for you guys there. It was in the mid 80's here.

Rachel said...

I'm sorry Emily was so sick. I think she is the only kid I know that doesn't like candy. I guess that didn't rub off on Christian. Anyway, I'm glad you still had a good time.

Ladybug143 said...

Sounds like fun! The costumes are cute. How lucky are you to have a kid that doesn't like candy. I want all of mine to be born that way! :)

The Brough Family said...

HE really was adorable tromping along eating. Sorry if I was kind of crabby... it had a been a long day! Glad Emily is feeling better... you were so smart to bring the wagon. We probably would have just said forget it and everyone would have been disappointed. You're such a sweet mom!!

Anonymous said...

Look how cute your Mom is - you have SUCH great genes!!!! (jealous). xoxo Lizabeth

Amber M. said...

Poor Emily! But Christian looks like he had enough fun (and candy) for the both of them!:-)