Sunday, November 30, 2008

We Are Thankful...

We had a very nice Thanksgiving weekend. Cubby stayed home Thursday morning (giving up playing in a Turkey Bowl game) to eat french toast and play with the kids! Whatta' sweet guy.

He also cleaned our oven...a HUGE ordeal if you'd seen the inside of our oven after monkey bread dripping all over the bottom...multiple times. It was so great because instead of having to clean it myself and do a million other household things that I usually have to do, I got to just chill out and watch the Macey's Thanksgiving Day parade with Emily and Christian. Such a treat. Incidentally, the Buzz Lightyear balloon was the biggest hit.

After naps, we went over to my mom's house for dinner. She had made all of the "essentials"--turkey, homemade rolls, green beans, mashed potatoes, etc...(I brought a salad and some cookies and my grandma brought some heavenly pies!) Dinner was beautiful, delicious, and, with the two kids, crazy. Emily enjoyed her garlic bread, blue jell-o, and stuffing. Christian devoured his corn-on-the-cob, green beans, and rolls. It was wonderful!

We have so much to be thankful for this season. I am so grateful that Abraham Lincoln recognized that We, as Americans, needed to have a day to give Thanks to the Lord for all of the blessings that He gives to us all year long. Happy Thanksgiving!

7 comments:

Ware Family said...

Extra points for Cubby for ditching the Turkey Bowl and hanging out with the kids.
Woo hoo!

Lacey said...

I hate cleaning the oven. Which reminds me, I need to clean ours. I filled my dish a bit too much and ended up with sauce all over the bottom of our oven. Argh! On a positive note, hurray for spending time together!

Van Ry Clan of Layton Ave said...

It is so nice to have Daddy's home for breakfast and to play with the kids, by the newest family picture of you guys, your hair looks really nice and I think Emily is looking more like you as she is growing into such a little lady

Van Ry Clan of Layton Ave said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Van Ry Clan of Layton Ave said...

ok lets try this again without the baby in my hands, I meant to say by the way I love the newest picture of your family

Walker said...

You guys look like you are having a great time. And also nice of Cubby to stay and help with the load. Tell Emily we said HAPPY BIRTHDAY, TOMATO!

Anonymous said...

What a great crew! I miss you AND your Mom - I always liked to see what she wore to Primary because it was always so much more stylish than whatever I had on!!! You've got great genes. Glad you had a nice Thanksgiving. xoxo Lizabeth