Saturday, December 6, 2008

Birthday Madness!

Yes, folks, it's that time of year again...no, not time for Christmas (yet)...it was time for Emily's birthday! She turned four this year and boy-oh-boy, we celebrated! Her birthday was on Monday and we had a family party, complete with just a "few" presents, which she has loved playing with all week long!


Then, this morning was her much-anticipated friend party. We had a Princess Party and all were asked to come dressed as their favorite princess. Emily really wanted to invite ALL of her friends, but because 30 children just wouldn't fit in our house, we had to narrow it down to just five of the little girls (b/c "boys aren't princesses, mommy") that she plays with most often or plays with a lot in preschool.


We colored, danced, and played a few little games before opening presents, eating lunch and cake, and then just letting the girls play a bit. They loved Cubby being any villian and chasing them down the hallway into Emily's room. Their little screams were ear-piercing! Soooo much fun.

I'm so glad it's over though...can I collapse now?!

8 comments:

The Brough Family said...

Looks like so much fun! Well worth the effort mom, but I know the feeling of relief when it's over. Keep these pictures, then when she's a teenager and says you've "never" done any for her, you have proof... You have! J/K

Happy Birthday Emily, it looks like a great time!

Diana said...

She's such a beautiful princess!!! I hope you've taken the time to relax by now.

Tonia said...

oohh...little girls princess parties..I wish I could have come...I am surrounded by boy things and I know that will never change. It looked like so much fun!
Happy Birthday Emily!

Van Ry Clan of Layton Ave said...

I love how you incorporated her favorite color blue into everything great job you are definitely a Super Mom!! I bet she had a great time

Jenn said...

Happy Birthday Emily. The princesses looked beautiful.

Amber M. said...

What a week for you!! The party sounds like it was a huge success...

Cammy Aller said...

Happy late Birthday Emily!! Wow 4 already!! I would have loved to have a Princess Party when I was her age, How fun for everyone!!

Ladybug143 said...

Looks like a lot of fun! I am so glad Victoria's birthday is in the summer. The kids all get to stay outside! :) It is a lot of fun, but a lot of work too!