Friday, October 31, 2008

Week In Review


It has been a fairly eventful week here, despite not being able to go anywhere from Tuesday until today, Friday. Emily has been sick. She's had a fever ranging anywhere from 100-104 all week and so we've been doing a lot of resting, reading, coloring and, the kids' favorite, watching movies. She has finally turned around a bit today, although I'm still keeping up with the Tylenol and Motrin to keep the fever at-bay. I'm hopeful that we'll make it out for some trick-or-treating tonight!

Christian has been a very good boy and I know he's been enjoying the extra video time--although with the help of Peter, my mom, and my sister, either I've been able to take him outside or they have. Yesterday, he got to go to the park with Auntie Erin and Grandma. There was a big Bob Cat out and so he had loads of fun sitting in it and playing "truck". (Pictures were taken, but were not available at the time of posting...I'll have to put them up when I can copy them from Erin.)

Christian has also become interested in trying to use the potty!! Mostly, this consists of sitting for 2 seconds, me pretending to wipe him, he getting to flush the potty, and then we wash hands and clap. I'm just thrilled that at 17 months he's already showing an interest and is starting to understand what we do "in there."

Last night, we also carved our pumpkins! Here are some pictures from the festivities. I'll take some pictures tonight of the finished products when they're all lit up.


Finally, in celebration that Emily was feeling a little bit better, we ventured out to Target this morning! (Well, we also needed some milk, o.j. and some Halloween candy for tonight!) I let the kids dress up in their costumes and they thought that was pretty great. (I wanted to make sure I got some pictures of Emily while she was feeling good just in case she takes a turn and feels crummy again tonight.) Here are a couple of the cute pictures I got before we left.


HAPPY HALLOWEEN, EVERYONE!!!!

4 comments:

Tonia said...

sorry to hear about Emily not feeling well. In our house someone usually always gets sick on Halloween! bummer hope she is still feeling good for trick-or-treating tonight!

Van Ry Clan of Layton Ave said...

They look so darn cute, William said he hopes Emily feels better soon

Walker said...

I hope Emily gets better soon, it is hard to see your baby sick. Glad to see that you were able to get out with the use of the stroller, let me know if you want to use it again, anytime!

Maren said...

Poor thing. That first picture of her makes me so sad, she looks so miserable. I hope she is better now.