Saturday, October 25, 2008

Super Saturday

Wow, today was quite a day! I'll just jump right in...



First off was my second 5k! Amber and I did the "Monster Dash" out at Chalco Hills. The name of the venue alone should've tipped us off as to how the course would be. Ah, we were so naive! Thankfully, it was a BEAUTIFUL morning and that just about made up for the last 1/2 mile of an already hilly course. Yes, the last 1/2 mile was one great big hill. SOOOOOO tough, but, we made it (even though we each finished a couple of minutes slower than we have previously)! Amber's husband, Tony, and her kids came out to cheer us on and Tony took a video of our finishes. I was a lot less nervous about this one and despite finishing with a slower time, I felt much more comfortable with the run. Good stuff! 'Can't wait for spring!



Next: our afternoon and evening. Christian had woken up with a slight fever this morning and has been very clingy and crabby the last couple of days. Alas, he's finally getting more teeth! (The last teeth he got were 6 months ago.) Well, when I say he's been clingy, I mean he's been a human leech. Tough times for my sweet boy! He finally began to snap out of it while we were at the park this afternoon and then, thankfully, he just kept getting better as the evening progressed. We went to our ward's "Fall Festival". The kids got to wear their costumes and had a fantastic time running around outside all evening! Now, they're both asleep in their beds and I'm thinking that after a day like today, that sounds like the right idea!

9 comments:

Amber M. said...

What a fun day! Thanks so much for braving the Monster Dash with me...it was tough, but very rewarding. We did it!

Jenn said...

Good job on another race! That sounds like a tough one. Hope the teething goes well. We've had a long bought with Maren lately.

Ladybug143 said...

You go girl! You are amazing!

Rachel said...

Way to go!! Love the costumes.

Cammy Aller said...

WOW way to go on your finish. I still havnt even started getting back into walking! So proud of your running skills. The kids look so cute in their costumes! :)

The Brough Family said...

Way to go on the race. So glad the weather came around for it. The kiddos looked darling at the party.

Amber M. said...

Kathleen, our blog BOOs your blog! Come by and pick up your BOO sign!

Tonia said...

That is so great! I love to see someone enjoy running! ( I HATE IT )Your kids costumes are adorable!

Maren said...

Kathleen, you are making me so tired with all your running around.

Hey Jenn, I'm Kathleen's friend and my name is Maren like your little girl. How do you pronounce her name? Like Karen, or like Martin without the 't'? (Mine is like Martin without the 't')