Monday, September 13, 2010

Uncle "Wob"

This past weekend we got a special visit from my Uncle Rob (the kids' Great-Uncle). He is my Dad's next oldest brother and was also his closest friend. He lives up in Minnesota and the last time I saw him I was pregnant with Christian. He had met Emily when we drove up to Grand Lake (in Minnesota), but she was only 18 months old at the time. So, it had been awhile! Business brought him down for a short visit and it was so fun to have him around and to meet Christian and Kari.
We all gathered for a delicious dinner courtesy of my mom (really, does she make anything that's NOT delicious??). It was good to catch up a bit and Rob got to see the kiddos in action!
My Uncle is special b/c much like my Grandma Carolyn, he's always been a part of our lives. When we were little, we'd get to go over to his house and we'd go out for blueberry pancakes, or after he got married to my Aunt Barb, she'd make us all the BEST French Toast. (I've tried to duplicate it and I just can't do it!) Even now, they still continue to show their love and support by sending the kids gifts and cards at Christmas and on their birthdays.
For me, Rob has also provided a link to my Dad since he's been gone. As brothers, they both have very similar mannerisms, voices, even the way that they talk and laugh. When he and my brother get together, I swear it's like I'm watching Rob and my Dad interact all over again!
I was so glad that he could come down for a bit--it's such a short plane ride, I hope he'll want to venture back down again soon! (We can take the kiddos to the zoo and other fun places, Rob!! :-) )
(The "funny faces" pictures always turn out the best!)

No comments: