Tuesday, September 28, 2010

Yeehaw, Cowboy!


Last Thursday was Western Day at preschool. It's one of my favorite "days" b/c the kids all look just sooo darling all dressed up like little cowboys (and cowgirls)! AND, of course, the kiddos have a lot of fun pretending too! This Sheriff Woody costume has gotten soooo much wear out of it--Emily has worn it (or pieces of it) for two Halloweens and two Western Days; not to mention just using it for dress up. I highly recommend investing in any western-wear if you've got young children; they'll definitely get some use out of it!
Preschool has gotten better for Christian--today was the first day that he hasn't told me "me no touch the puzzles today, Mommy!" when I asked him how school was! (Today I got a typical boy response of "Good, Mommy"...it sooo reminds me of the "Fine" that I get whenever I ask Cubby how his day went!)
I think some of his reluctance to go was simply the fact that he would get so into whatever he's doing just before we would have to leave that it was hard for him to put it down to go do something else. (We get similar results at bedtime!) However, now that he's getting to know some of the kids, one of whom we now carpool with, it's helping a lot more in the motivation department. I miss him too (some mornings) but I can see how good it is for him to be doing this and how happy he now is to have preschool as a part of his week.


Giddy up to all ya'll out there--it's only Tuesday! Ha!

No comments: