Thursday, December 23, 2010

L is for Lycanthrope

Emily and Christian's book-of-the-week is a book called "H is for Halloween" by Althea Kontis and Bob Kolar. (A bit out of season, I know, but it's what they brought home from the library last week.) In it, the letter "L" is for Lycanthrope, or werewolf. So, today they were pretending to be lycanthropes. I asked Emily what werewolves do. She said, "we go out and hunt at night. If we bite any people, they turn into werewolves too!" (Pretty accurate.) So, after building an appropriate den, off they went on their hunt (downstairs). Here is their catch:




And here is what Emily had to say about their latest kill:
Emily (snarling): This is my meat sandwich. It's red with blood. But, whatever we don't eat turns back into chicken at night!

I got a good laugh out of it and since I usually don't record all of the funny things they say throughout the day, I wanted to get it down quickly before I forgot! I hope you got a chuckle as well :-).

No comments: