Friday, December 31, 2010

Pugs and Kisses

We are dog-sitting this weekend! Darla (the pug) and Nellie (the lab/springer mix) came Thursday morning and will be hanging out with us through Saturday...or, if their owners get stuck on I-29 coming home from Minnesota, maybe a little longer! They are super sweet and the kids just LOVE them.

"Mommy, I'm drawing a picture of Nellie and Darla for them to take home with them," says Emily.

"Mommy, doggies really love me!" says Christian.

It's been fun. 'Glad they're only here to play though. Ever since Peanut passed away last January, the kids have really missed having a furry friend around (even though they were constantly getting pestered by him). But, I'm busy enough w/the kiddos and so getting another animal is NOT an option right now. So, when the opportunity to puppy-sit came along, I thought it would be a win-win situation for all! (The kids get their pet-fill for a bit, and the dogs are only here to visit--perfect!) And, I visit teach Darla and Nellie's "mommy" and so the kids will still get to see them at least once a month after this!
(Nellie, licking Emily, while Darla snags a nap.)

1 comment:

Lori said...

I can't thank you enough for taking such good care of my babies. I was worried that they were driving you crazy (which they probably did for a bit)...but from the looks of things they did bring out their company manners for a minute or two. I really owe you big time!!