Sunday, August 14, 2011

We Love Miss Caitlin!

This is Miss Caitlin--our family's angel! We met her a couple of years ago as one of Christian's first swim instructors. She and Christian totally buddied up and after the session was over, she gave me her number and told me that if I ever needed a break, to give her a call! Well, the summer went by and I thought she was just being "nice" and didn't call. Then, last summer, we met up with her again and this time she insisted that she really did want to take the kids out sometime! So one afternoon I took her up on her offer and she took Emily and Christian to the pool (where she works...on her day off no less!). I figured they'd be gone for an hour or two and appreciated the break. Well, FOUR HOURS later, she comes home with some super happy and tired kiddos! And so, the kids had their first taste of how incredible Miss Caitlin is!

This summer, the kids did not get her as an instructor, but that didn't stop them from giving her big hugs the first chance they got! Then, she came over to me and told me how she was just bummed that she only got to take them out that one time. So this summer, she told me to pick a day of the week and she'd request that day off. Then, she'd come by and take them out each week! (For real???? Yes, folks, she's for real.) Emily and Christian were over-the-top happy.

They had big fun--the zoo, Fontenelle Forest, Dairy Queen, our house, her house, etc... They were always so excited for Friday afternoons when they'd see her red car, "Lucille" pull into the driveway. Their excitement rubbed off on Kari and I ended up either having to time her naps so that she wouldn't see Miss Caitlin, or, I'd time it so that we could go with them on that day's adventure. (And Kari is one that normally takes a bit to warm up to anyone.)

Well, this past week, Miss Caitlin had to return to college--boo! So, the kids and I prepared some going aways gifts for her. Fun little stuff that maybe she'll be able to put up at school and remember how much she is loved and appreciated! She has truly blessed our lives and certainly made my kids' summer that much more fun.

3 comments:

Cara said...

I agree that Caitlin is great. :) My kids have had her in swimming lessons too and she is one of my favorite teachers. She's definitely a natural!

Walker said...

That is awesome to have someone else to help out a little!

ME said...

What a fun thing for you and the kids...what a special girl.