Thursday, December 29, 2011

Christmas Eve

Christmas Eve started out lovely--Emily and Kari had a chocolate milk tea party with their dolls. (Christian declined their invitation.) I made up the most delicious dinner rolls EVER (recipe will follow at some point). Cubby went up to the church and got to play a little basketball! After naps, we went out to my Grandma's home for dinner--swedish meatballs, ham, rice pudding, cheesy potatoes, brocolli, (my rolls), and a raspberry jell-o-type salad. All was sooo good. I got smart this year and brought a couple of movies for the kiddos to choose from for after they were done (so the adults could chat and eat a bit more slowly!) They were so quiet and mesmerized--it was great.


It was then time for some presents! Traditionally, the kids get p.js and get to open one or two other gifts too. Let the excitement commence!
















Christian was happy with his new "Lego Hero Factory" toy that he got. Kari determined a present's worth by how much she liked the wrapping it came in.




Here are my three Scandinavian sweethearts!

Emily with her new p.js--they came with a matching set for her doll. (I like the exchange I captured between my mom and grandma :-).)

Kari's Christmas Buddy: Uncle Kyle. She suddenly warmed up to him and was all about opening gifts on Kyle's lap!

Kari was also not too keen on the delicious dinner and chose, instead, to dine on bread and rice crispies (no milk). She is still a ridiculously picky eater and never ceases to amaze me with what she will (or rather will not) eat on any given day.


Merry Christmas, from our family to yours!


More of the Christmas Chaos to come!

1 comment:

Lori said...

Family-filled holidays are my favorite!! Great family pic too...you are truly blessed.