Wednesday, September 5, 2012

Gold Medal Performances

This summer brought the 2012 London Olympics!  The kids really enjoyed watching the various sports and on more than one occasion, re-enacted what they had seen.  (And I got a front row seat!  For FREE!)  Yup, I definitely got the deal of the century. 

Now, in this picture, each had given a gold medal routine (the individual sports that they were representing are alluding me at the moment...gymnastics and diving??).  They then held relay races around "the loop" of our living/dining/kitchen areas.  Yeah, we were waiting for Daddy to get home from a trip and it had gotten a little late.  Kids got crazy :-). 
 The REAL gold-medal performance, however, was the following night when Emily sat down and read to her younger brother and sister.  So.very.sweet.
In my book, my kiddos are all winners.  Not only for their killer couch-diving skills, but also for the little ways they are learning to love and serve one another.

1 comment:

Lori said...

They have such great imaginations!! I love that Emily can (and will) read to them. What great memories they are making!!