Monday, September 10, 2012

Slice of Heaven 2012

Last Friday night we went to the Flynn's orchard for our annual apple-picking!  A couple other of our friends' families came along to check out for themselves why we call this place a little "slice of heaven." 

 The weather couldn't have been better.  I mean, we're talking one of the top 10 evenings of the year.  Perfect for picking!
 This was also Juliana's first trip to the orchard!  She did great!
 Here are the obligitory kids-having-a-ball-in-the-orchard pictures.  Big smiles, big time fun.
 Kari-belle.
 (She was the only one of our kids to actually eat an apple.  Yes, my kids are weird.)
 Emily
 Here is Kari and her best friend, Alexa (or, "Lexi" as she calls her).
 Emily and Miss Brooklynn.
 Here is our little family!
 Almost all of the kiddos from the evening (Em's friend, Ella, came late from a volleyball practice).
 How many kids does it take to fill a gator?  (I'll let you figure it out.)
And, here is my sweet baby and me! 

What a beautiful night.  What a wonderful blessing it is that we get to go make such great memories with our children and friends each year.  We are truly thankful to the Flynns for always being so generous in opening up their orchards and sharing so much with so many.

3 comments:

Lori said...

The Flynn's are such good people, all of them!! Looks like a successful night at the orchard!!

Ladybug143 said...

I so miss that! I wish we could have some too!

Josh and Jen said...

I love the photos and catching up on your family. i can't believe how big J has gotten, especially those cheeks- adorable! you are so blessed to have such a great family. my boys would love to play soccer with (or against) christian!! miss you guys...