Monday, January 7, 2013

Can't Forget the CAKE!

I almost forgot to post about Emily's birthday cake! 

My friend and neighbor, Bridget, is a professional baker.  I literally get giddy anytime she brings baked goods over b/c they're always delicious.  So, as a special treat for Emily's 8th birthday, I asked Bridget if she would be willing to make Emily's birthday cake! 

Bridget had Emily come over one day for her "cake consultation."  Emily knew exactly what she wanted--she was very specific.  (No surprise there though!)  I had previously given Bridget a heads up on what would and would not be okay...ie--Emily could pick the flavor, shape, and decorations...but no dolphin cake and no fondant (ick).  Emily chose a chocolate cake with vanilla butter-cream frosting with big pink and blue polka dots and little black ones.  She also wanted pink piping and "Happy 8th Birthday Emily" on the top.  Voila!

To say that it "turned out" would be an understatement.  The cake not only looked beautiful, but it tasted PHENOMENAL.  Seriously, best cake I've had since our wedding cake.  Cubby's parents said it was the best cake they've ever had.  And, it was even better the second day around!  (We actually ended up having a "cake party" on Monday with all of our friends so that I wouldn't end up eating it all by myself!)




It was such a special thing that my friend would do this for us/Emily.  We were so grateful that Bridget would do this, especially since the holidays are her busiest time at work.  It really meant a lot!

2 comments:

Lori said...

What a beautiful cake!! Where does she work? I need to get a cake for a special night coming up....

Topper said...

mmmm......