Thursday, September 11, 2014

At 38 weeks (last week)

Tomorrow marks 39 weeks into this pregnancy!  This is a picture of me last week at 38 weeks (close enough, but I'm certain my belly has gotten even bigger in just a week).

I can't believe the time is almost here to meet the next member of our family! And, though my due date is officially Sept 19th, if this baby follows suit with the others, I will end up going in for an induction on the 25th and having her the morning of the 26th.  It's pretty busy around here with the other children's various activities and school stuff so I'm actually okay with going over my due date (once again).  For me, the real work always begins after the baby is born so, despite my discomfort in the final weeks, my saying is, "Easier in than out!"

Am I nervous about adjusting (again) to another baby?  You bet.  I mean, I know what to expect in general, but since every baby has a different personality (and mine seem to come out with full-on personalities already in-tact), I'm always a bit anxious as to what type of personality this baby will have.  Easy going?  Demanding?  Good sleeper?  Fussy eater?  The fear of the unknown has never been my friend.  But, I just try and relax and as I look at my big kids, I realize that they grow fast and to try and appreciate each stage that comes along.

I continue to feel extremely blessed and fortunate to be able to be a mother and to have healthy, strong, and intelligent children.  I'm grateful that Heavenly Father trusts me to raise these precious children of His.  So, despite the many challenges and sacrifices that come our way as we continue to have and raise children, the blessings, happiness, and fulfillment I feel when I hear, "I love you, Mommy" from my little ones, makes it all worth it.

Can't wait to meet you, Miss Britta Kathleen!

1 comment:

Michael and Lia said...

You look great! One of my bff's is named Brita so I will be able to remember the new baby's name easily :) good luck on the delivery. You're a great mom!