Wednesday, September 24, 2014

Impromptu Zoo Trip

Kari was our navigator
Last Thursday, the day before my "alleged" due date, was beautiful and, for the first time in two weeks I woke up feeling pretty darn good!  So, I decided to take my little girls to the zoo for one last hurrah!  Since I wasn't about to try and push two girls in a stroller, I did what I've never dared to dream of trying--going to the zoo without ANY stroller.  And, let me tell you, it was glorious.  The girls were so well-behaved!  We had a really great time:-).
First stop, the "dino dig"

We also hit up the bear canyon before lunch.
On our way back up, we enjoyed the gorillas.

Kari took this picture :-).

Final stop-the aquarium!

Peek-a-boo!
 Kari had also brought her money and was super excited to be able to stop in the gift shop that the aquarium just so conveniently spits you out into at the end.  She bought herself a blue stuffed animal sea horse (I hate stuffed animals bc we have a MILLION of them).  But, she had been so good and since it was her money (and it was small), I caved.  Both girls left happy bc Kari let Juliana hold her new "pet" all the way to the van.  So sweet.
And, after a full morning, I was blessed with both girls napping--ahhhh:-).

No comments: