Tuesday, June 3, 2008

Grandma Karen's Birthday BBQ



We had a fun evening tonight celebrating my mom's birthday---Harvey brought over chicken, hot dogs, and corn-on-the-cob for BBQing and we had a fun time playing with the family. Emily got her kicks in by hosing down Uncle Kyle and Allie on the trampoline--COOOOLLLLDD tap water! But, it was very hot and humid today so I'm sure it felt good...at first! Christian enjoyed going from one set of arms to another--very cute how he just wanted to make sure he was held by everyone.

Piggy-backing off of my friend Jenn's treasure hunt idea, I made a little map and had Grandma and Emily search for Grandma's gifts. Very cute. Grandma got some fun stuff...Emily, of course, "helped" her open everything. My Grandma Carolyn brought in homemade anglefood and chocolate cake and a homemade peach pie (a favorite of Mom's)...DELICIOUS!!

It was a fun group effort of a night; I just love soaking up these good times together as a family. Happy Birthday, Mom!

6 comments:

Amber M. said...

Your mom is darling. Looks like it was the perfect celebration!

Walker said...

That looks like a lot of fun! I bet your mother felt pretty special. She still looks so young! Happy Birthday, Karen!

Lacey said...

You know, the way the light in the first picture hits Cubby's hair makes him look like his hair is orange. I did a double take! It caught me a little off guard. lol!

Ladybug143 said...

Looks like a blast! Happy Birthday Karen!

Albanie said...

You guys have been having lots of b-day fun lately! Good idea to do the treasure hunt with her presents. I'll have to remember that for Kael's b-day. Happy B-day, Karen!

Camie said...

It looks like you guys have done a lot of celebrating lately! So fun...