Thursday, September 4, 2008

Preschool IS a good thing afterall!


Today, like so many others in our area, was Emily's first day of preschool. She was so excited and was looking forward to the new experience. We got her settled, took a couple of pictures, and then she was off and running! As Christian and I drove away, it caught me off-guard how quiet the van suddenly was and I got all emotional. I missed her little voice! My first little baby was FINALLY starting school! We've both waited for more than a year for preschool to start, and, now that it has, I can hardly believe that it's here. She is now in someone else's, albeit very capable, hands for 2 1/2 hrs twice a week!

Okay, enough of the sentiment...I'll tear up again. Once I snapped out of it, Christian and I had a great "Mommy and me" time, playing at Target and outside. When I came to pick Emily up, she threw her arms around me and replayed the morning for me. This little separation will be good for us afterall! We'll both grow and enjoy the other's company that much more. Hurray for preschool!

7 comments:

The Brough Family said...

Hooray for preschool... she is darling, glad she enjoyed it! (and you too!)

Cara said...

I love my kids, and I love having them home...but I must admit, I love school too. :) By the time they are old enough for it, it is needed for both of us! :) Glad it was a good day, for you both.

Ware Family said...

I find the separation is also really good for Jackson and I. We're both happier and we have more fun when we're together.
I love school (and so does he :)).

Amber M. said...

I'm so glad she had a good time!! Preschool ROCKS!

Lacey said...

You will love having one less child to run errands with. The good news is that it is only for a couple of hours so you can gradually wean into kindergarten. It is always hard to let them go at the beginning.

Anonymous said...

I loved this post - it reminded me of when I cried and cried for Cole and Gabe but lemme tell ya - I didn't cry this time around and not sure what will happen for the next one! I'm kinda looking forward to it. Having one at home right now is FABULOUS for me!!! I forgot how much easier that is - Jack is getting tired of all day Kindergarten, though. It is still a bit much for a 5 yr old. Thx for reminding me of the good ol' days. Oh yeah, I really do love my kids! :)

Camie said...

Glad everything went smoothly. Pre-school is such a blessing.