Friday, September 12, 2008

What Little Boys Are Made Of....

Snips and snails and puppy-dog tails??? No...it's more like trucks, and planes, and anything that bounces! Boys are so hard-wired for action; it's just so funny how naturally action-figure and car noises come for them! Everytime a plane passes overhead or we pass a digger or mac truck on the road, I hear a loud screech from the back seat and a little finger points to the latest attraction. It is very cute. I used to think that parents pushed boys toward the whole trucks and sports thing and they pushed girls toward dolls and Disney princess. (Well, I did introduce Disney princess to Emily.) Christian, however, was automatically was drawn to balls and trucks--who knew they came like that??!
A couple of examples:


A couple of weeks ago, they were doing some road work on our corner and Cubby took Christian down to look. (Emily was asked to go along too, but declined the invitation.) They must have watched for a good 15-20 mins. Christian loved all of the digging and cement pouring! Very big stuff.

Also, with the recent rains, we haven't been able to go outside. It has been super hard for my little guy. This evening, Christian had put his shoes on and was carrying Cubby's shoes around while following him (Christian's hint for "I want to go outside!"). It was only drizzling, so I told Cubby to go ahead and take him out (thinking that since Christian doesn't like getting water on his face, he'd want to come in shortly. Wrong! He had a blast--jumping on the trampoline, playing peek-a-boo in the rocketship and playing ball with Daddy. It totally made his week.

I just love how although my children share similar interests, they are so different with what makes them "tick".

3 comments:

Diana said...

I love reading your posts about your kids and can't wait to meet them one of these days. Christian is such a cutie, and I look forward to sharing similar experiences with my little boy. He's already obsessed with balls and laughs hysterically when Mark bounces a small basketball. Boys are adorable, aren't they!!

Lacey said...

They are just hardwired differently. Even Kaiden is all about being rough and is all boy despite the efforts of his sisters to make him a princess. I guess in my case it's a good thing he is hardwired! :0)

Ware Family said...

I agree, boys just come a certain way, no matter what!
Too bad they carry the destruction gene. Good thing they're cute and fun.