Monday, September 22, 2008

Six Quirks Tag

My "quirky" friend, Rachel, tagged me. Accordingly, I'm supposed to come up with six quirks that I have. Hmmm....Do I do anything weird??? ME??? I've decided to ask the supreme authority on the subject, Cubby, and see what he says.

#1 I try and be very organized. Almost to fault. However, there is one place that is almost never organized. My purse. (In college it was my backpack.) It boggles Cubby's mind how I can be so OCD about almost everything else, but my purse is a jumble of receipts, snacks, and toys for the kids.

#2 I set the alarm for 6:00 every night and yet some (most lately) mornings, I can hardly get out of bed before 7. I am not a morning person (ask my best friend from high school, Michelle, who would be at my house to pick me up everyday before school and EVERY day, I would be late....she's a really good friend for sticking with me!!). Anyhow, getting back to the alarm. Some mornings I can wrestle my inner demons and get up and run. Lately, however, I'm just too tired! Cubby says I just should admit this to myself and set the alarm for 7:00 instead of lying to myself that maybe the next morning will be different!

#3 When I get stressed (or bored, or restless), I pick. I pick my mascara off, I pick at my eyebrows, I pick at my nails. Anything really. It's been a nervous habit of mine since geometry. Darn those proofs!!! So, if you really want to know how my week has been, check out how thin my brows are looking and you'll know without asking!

#4 Milk. I have a super-sniffer nose when it comes to milk. It's only skim for me and I can tell if milk is getting close to its expiration date and this makes it too "sour" to drink.

#5 When Cubby is watching the TV by himself, I'm always nagging him to turn it down. However, when the kids are watching, I usually am the one to turn the volume up so that they can hear it. I swear that their shows are quieter than his. Go figure.

#6 Finally, my last quirk would be that I skip ahead in books and read the ending! Yes, I can't stand to not know how a book ends while I'm reading it! What if I were to die and then I'd never know how it ends?? Also, it is hard for me to go to sleep at night with questions about what going to happen next floating around in my head. And, one more thing, I like knowing how it ends so that I can take my time reading rather than rushing through it to get to the ending. I pick up on details on how and why things happen too that otherwise, I'd miss.

Okay, that's it for me. I'm going to tag my sister-in-laws, Whitney and Sara, and my friends Maylene, Ilise, Maren, Diana, and Heather!

4 comments:

Diana said...

I always love reading your posts, and it's fun to read more about you. I love my quirky friend Kathleen!

Cara said...

fun post! I have the super-sniffer milk nose too! Ha ha!

Albanie said...

Cute post! Exciting for Emily (about her bike) and no problem about the haircut. He looks more handsome now. :)

Maren said...

I can't believe you tagged me Kathleener! You know I am absolutely positively 100% quirk-free. Well, I guess I better get to work!