Wednesday, January 7, 2009

FRUSTRATED!!!

I have two current frustrations:

1. Public Enemy #1: My crockpot. It is determined to thwart any attempts at a delicious meal. Actually, it cooks pork just fine (the ribs are always great). BUT, chicken and roast??? No way. It has consistently been over-cooking them and they get so dry and gross! I follow all directions and even use the minimum amount of time (on low) that the recipe calls for. No dice. Ugh. Should I just ask for a new crockpot for my birthday? (And, until March, I could just stick to pork recipes??) Or, is there some way to find out WHY this keeps happening??? Again, ugh!

2. Emily keeps wetting her undies. And it's not what I used to pull when I was her age (waiting until the last minute and then wetting everywhere when I couldn't quite make it...yes, it's true!). No, what she does is also the waiting game, but then she only wets a little bit (but enough that she has to change her underwear afterwards.) At first, we thought she might have another UTI. But, we had that checked out and it came back negative. Sooooo, that means that she's just not wanting to make it to the bathroom in time. I've offered a reward if she can stay dry, but that only worked for one day and then it was back to where we were before. I've also threatened to put her back into pull ups, but that's just so humiliating and the one time I tried to follow through, she had such a melt-down that Cubby told me that it wasn't worth it. I'm out of ideas. Any suggestions???

6 comments:

Cara said...

I wish I had some great advice for you, but I don't. When it comes to problem #2, we've gone through that one too. No fun. But it ended and I forgot how I even handled it. Sorry! Good luck!

Amber M. said...

Get a new crockpot...before March. It will make all the difference!!

And as for Emily? Anna did the same thing at about the same age...I just had to watch her really close and when she was giving me cues that she had to go and was holding it, I'd march her into the bathroom and have her go.

Good Luck!

Rebecca said...

We live in a throw away world. Toss the crockpot, they don't cost that much to replace. I pour a can of condensed onion soup over a pot roast. It's simple and great.
As for Emily, she is such a busy girl, who has time for the bathroom? Just keep reminding her and loving her for who she is.

Maylene said...

Oh I vaguely remember Sydney sort of doing the same thing when she was around Emily's age. I think they just have way too much fun. We would have to threaten her, bribe her, or whatever to get her to try and go to the bathroom. It was so annoying for awhile because I had to try and keep track of how long it had been and then just sort of make her go try. I love crockpot recipes...so maybe when you get a new crockpot you'll have to share some.

Ware Family said...

I'm in the "get a new crockpot" camp. I wish there was a way to fix it, but I have found that calling the company, etc. usually yields me NO results.
As for Emily, Jackson lately has been doing the same thing! No accidents for over a year, and now this--I have tried to go back to reminding him to go potty every hour or so to get him back in the habit. He always tells me he doesn't have to go, but I say "just go try" and he does and what do you know? He really DOES have to go!!
Mothers know best...

Van Ry Clan of Layton Ave said...

William is going through the same thing right now and it is driving me nuts as well, I'm hoping it is just a phase and I'm going to keep reminding him and once and a while give him an M & M, he sure liked that today as for the crockpot if you need a holiday to get one isn't Martin Luther King day coming up soon?