Thursday, January 29, 2009

Vacuuming...

So this is what we (and I use this as a collective "we") accomplished today! I think I'll keep these pictures handy for when the children are teenagers. That way, they'll have a reminder that they did enjoy cleaning at one point! "Train up a child in the way he should go..." We insisted upon vacuuming the entire upstairs...with minimal help from Mommy. So independent!

"My turn!" (or "ME!" from Christian) was the common phrase when vacuuming the couch!
Everyone loves a newly vacuumed couch! (Especially Mommy! Happy sigh....)
Thanks, kids! Mommy loves you!

6 comments:

Katie said...

kathleen you have adorable kids. i can't wait until my little ones are old enough to want to help. although i am going to cherish them being little for now.

Cara said...

My kids have been vacuuming lately too. :) We got a new vacuum a week or so ago and Liam has almost vacuumed the whole house by now. I pay him a quarter a room, and I guess that is motivation enough because he comes home from school everyday and starts up the vacuum. :) Fun times!

whitney allison said...

Wow, do you think they'll want to vacuum when you guys are here? Ours is yellow and very exciting.

Ware Family said...

Kathleen,
Do your kids hire out?

Amber M. said...

SO GLAD we have Emily at OUR house next week...:-)

Van Ry Clan of Layton Ave said...

Gotta love the help, just sit back and watch them do all the work right?