Monday, January 12, 2009

One Name Per Hospital, Please!

Just so you know, "Children's Hospital" is also called "Methodist Hospital". It is NOT the same as BoysTown Nat'l Research Hospital or Creighton University Medical Center. You'd think that after living in Omaha most of my life, I would've realized this. Not so. It was only after driving w/Emily downtown in blizzard-like conditions that I learned a valuable lesson: ALWAYS double-check the address of where you're supposed to be!! However, thanks to the blizzard, many of the people who were supposed to have tests done down at Creighton had cancelled and they were able to get us in for Emily's renal ultrasound rather than having to reschedule with Children's (aka Methodist) Hospital. I'm pretty sure that the radiology staffs at Children's, Creighton, and my own doctor's office got a good laugh out of my lack of knowledge about our hospital names and venues. It was just one small part of a very odd and long day. Hurray that Monday is over!!

PS For all of you non-Omahaians out there, in addition to the above mentioned hospitals, there is also Bergin (or Bergin Mercy) Hospital, Midlands (or Alegent Health) Hospital, and Lakeside Hospital. There may be more, but hey, I may have mentioned them already and not even realized it!

4 comments:

The Brough Family said...

I totally relate to your frustration! Glad they were able to work it out for you. Did it go okay?

Maylene said...

That seems like a lot of medical care facilities for one area. I suppose I would get confused too. I hope everything is ok with Emily?

Van Ry Clan of Layton Ave said...

Glad it turned out OK for you guys, hope everything is ok with Miss Emily too

Kathleen said...

hi all,

emily is fine--her doctor wanted to get the ultrasound done b/c she's had a couple of UTIs and he wanted to make sure her kidneys were doing all right. it wasn't invasive or scary so she did great! thanks though, for asking!--kathleen