Tuesday, February 3, 2009

Two Extremely Simple (and Tasty!) Recipes

Here are two of my favorite recipes...not only are they tasty, they meet the requirements of normal, on-hand ingredients and extremely quick and simple! 'Can't go wrong with that, right?

Main Dish: Lemon-Baked Chicken (EVERYONE in my family eats this...a VERY rare thing!)
-1-1.25 lbs boneless, skinless chicken breasts (I split the 3 breasts into halves)
-1/2-1 tsp. softened butter per breast half
-salt
-paprika
-lemon juice

Place chicken in an ungreased baking pan. Spread butter on each piece. Sprinkle pieces with salt and paprika. Drizzle with lemon juice.
Bake, uncovered, for 35-45 mins at 425 degrees. (Optional: sprinkle w/2 T of snipped parsley)

Dessert: Swedish White Brownies
2 eggs, lightly beaten
add: 1 c. sugar
1/2 c. butter, melted
1 c. flour
1 tsp. Almond extract

Mix together--pour into greased 8" square pan--sprinkle sugar on top. Bake at 325 degrees for 30 min.

Enjoy!

3 comments:

Jenn said...

Sounds delicious - and so simple!

Walker said...

I am always looking for new recipes, thanks for sharing!

Cammy Aller said...

I too will have to add these to my book. I love new ideas Thanks! YUM!!