Saturday, February 7, 2009

What month is it? And, my "major award"

Yes, it's February and I had the windows open! Both yesterday and today were just gorgeous. I hope everyone within its reach was able to get outside!

Also, I finally won a prize! This morning was another "fun run" (I know, an oxymoron) out at the base. This time, Amber and I were joined by Jenn, Jessie, and Hannah. It was a much better run this month and what made it even more fun is that we all won prizes! They had a drawing and gave away gift certificates and such. Mine is to Old Navy. (Great timing too b/c the kids are totally outgrowing their clothes!) Last time, Amber and I didn't win zilch. This time, we all came away with stuff...even Jenn, who was the last one drawn, and "won" a big box of chocolates! Ha!

10 comments:

The Brough Family said...

Love the weather... great job on the race. However... isn't that gift cert. supposed to be for you?!?

Amber M. said...

I still can't believe we ALL lucked out this time. Thanks for being my racing buddy!

Cara said...

Yay! Congrats on the run!

Anonymous said...

Congratulations! I'm so jealous of the run more than the treats but wouldn't say no to either. :) We've been sick all week and I just said to Don this morning, "I've missed all the good weather - when am I going to be able to run again!?!" Ah, patience is not MY virtue. Hope you have fun shopping!!! p.s. We went to Boingz b/c of you and loved it. xoxo Lizabeth

Van Ry Clan of Layton Ave said...

It really must have been your day! I wish we had nice weather up here send it our way please!!

Tonia said...

You girls are awesome! That is so great to have a bunch of girlfriends to run with!

Maria and Ryan said...

Kathleen! Darhling! It has been a long long time! I'm so happy to read your blog! I'm proud of you for running--i don't do a thing. Not a darn stinking thing. Someday I'll get up the motivation to get in shape :-) Skiing again would be nice, but I swear I'm always either pregnant or nursing. Where do you live now anyway? Your kids are ADORABLE! We've been thinking of the name Christian for our kids too. I love it! I'll invite you to my blog, sorry I've been lame :-)

Love you!
Maria

Maren said...

A "major award" huh? So did you get a sexy leg lamp along with the old navy gift card?

Sorry haven't checked in with your blog in a long time. I get worked like a dog. I put in about 60 hours a week. So please accept my apology along with my lame excuse and be patient with me! Congrats on your award, and be "fra-gee-lay" with it!

Love you!

Ladybug143 said...

We had our windows open too! We love this warm up, but it makes us too anxious for Spring to arrive!

whitney allison said...

Winning is always good. Our weather was starting to warm up but its actually snowing right now. Things change so quickly around here.