Saturday, April 25, 2009

Happy Birthday, Cubby!

On this very day, 30 years ago, Cubby was brought into the world. Yes, he's 30! Sooooo old, right?! Ha!

Here is a picture of the birthday boy with the kiddos--they were very excited to give Daddy their presents. Emily thought up her gift idea (a tie) and then picked it out all by herself. It was a blue one. (I know, who would've guessed that Emily would choose blue, right?) Christian knew Daddy needed some new socks. Mommy knew that Daddy needed new jeans and the new March Madness DVD. Good stuff.
Tonight, we went over to Mom's house to celebrate both Cubby and Kyle's birthdays. (Kyle's was last Saturday, but was out of town.) Dinner with the family--always fun!

The kids enjoyed "helping" them open gifts.
Christian loved the drill that Uncle Kyle got--he's a tool man already!

A new mailbox from Erin--what every guy wants! Ha!



The boys then blew out their cake--"54" is their combined age--pretty clever, Mom!

Happy Birthday to my wonderful husband! (And, a be-lated shout-out to Kyle!) We love you!

7 comments:

Tonia said...

Looks like you had a great day! Happy Birthday to the "old" boys!

Van Ry Clan of Layton Ave said...

Happy Birthday Cubby!! 30 isn't old

Ware Family said...

Happy birthday Cubby!
Shane and I are not far behind you.

Maren said...

Happy Birthday! The only thing about 30 that scares me is that we're only (when I say we, I mean next year) 10 years from 40. Good golly!

Rebecca said...

I remember the day like it was yesterday!!!

Jaimi said...

Woohoo!!! Bring on decade number 3!! Jeff paved the way, and I'll join this ranks this summer (grrrrr). It does sound so terribly old. ha! Congrats and Happy Birthday Cubby!!!

Cammy Aller said...

Happy Birthday Cubby, You old man you! I cant talk I will be the big 30 next year! Yikes :)