Monday, April 6, 2009

A Weekend of Contrasts

This past weekend was...well, interesting. Despite all of my wishing, the weather took a turn for the worse and both Saturday and Sunday were cold, rainy and yes, even snowy! Even with the rain and crazy wind, Saturday was pretty darn fun.

It was fun for me because on Saturday afternoon, I got to go out with some friends and eat some yummy sushi and enjoy some wonderful company!! Because I'd been nursing for so long, I hadn't been able to attend one of these "Girls Night Out" (well, Saturday afternoon out this time) activities for a while. It was really great...and I think we all ate waaaayyy too much!

Saturday was fun for Emily because she got to spend the afternoon playing over at Grandma Karen's (while Cubby and Christian got to take loooong afternoon naps...which was why Saturday was great for them!). They made an Easter craft and got in some major playing. Thanks, Mom! Emily was smiling the rest of the day. So, those were just a couple of things that made Saturday a sunny day, despite the contrasting weather outside!

Turns out, it was a good thing that we all had something positive to reflect on. Come Sunday, the snow and sickness came raging through. Cubby was so sick--both his stomach and colon were empty in a matter of hours. He couldn't even keep down ice chips. Poor guy! Christian had the runs (sorry if this is too yucky to post) and eventually, Emily started telling me that her tummy hurt too--just before running into the bathroom and throwing up. I was a busy (but, thankfully, healthy) mommy--my cold had just cleared up Saturday! Thankfully, this bug was a very short-lived one. Cubby started feeling remarkably better by about 6:30 Sunday evening and Christian and Emily both are poo and puke free today! Hurray!

Funny enough though, in the midst of all of Sunday's chaos, I decided that we should dye Easter eggs. Hmpf. Granted, I started the egg process before everyone got really sick, but still, it was more work than I really needed that day. However, the kids LOVED it and the dozen eggs I hard-boiled went way too quickly. They really wanted to do more! Maybe next year. They did a great job though and the eggs are very pretty!

5 comments:

Maylene said...

I'm sorry you were all so sick. That is the worst. So good thing you got to go on a fun GNO! I love those. Even if they are few and far between. I love just eating and chatting and laughing with my girls.

Cara said...

I'm sorry you guys were so sick! That's no fun at all. But I'm glad it was a quick bug. It almost sounds like food poisoning (my sister and her family had that over the weekend- blah!)

Van Ry Clan of Layton Ave said...

Wow, Glad everyone is feeling better, we are still on the mend Hopefully Will will be at least 90% tomorrow so he can go to school

Jenn said...

Saturday's lunch was such a great time. I'm glad you were able to come. You are such a 'brave' eater! Glad your family is on the mend.

Candis said...

I hadt ethe barfs!!!