Tuesday, April 7, 2009

Mud Pies Program

This morning I took the kids to a fun little program called the "Mud Pies Program" over at the Fontenelle Forest. I wasn't sure what to expect, but I was pleasantly surprised! The program is for children 5 and under (but since it's Spring Break, I'm pretty sure I saw a few older kids there too). It runs every Monday and Tuesday during the school year from 9:30-11:30 a.m. You can come whenever you want though and leave whenever you need to as well. If you're a member of the Fontenelle Forest, it's $2/child. If you're not a member (as we are not), it's $3/child. Not too bad.

The program is in their downstairs area (which is where Emily loves to go anyway b/c of the dress up stuff). They have their little nature/exploratory area downstairs and they opened up another room that was set up like a preschool room with different stations and project areas. They even had a carpeted area with toys and sensory things for babies-about 18 mo. Oh, and I was impressed that at the "painting station" (easel and all) they even had clean paint shirts for the kids to wear over their clothes. SOOOO organized--two thumbs up from me!

We kept busy for an hour and a half moving between the two rooms. We dressed up like turtles and butterflies, played with play-doh, painted, looked at the bunny, turtles, and snake, and made a couple of cute little crafts. I did not take my camera along (I wanted to just be there to play and not worry about capturing every moment on film), but I did take pictures of the kids' bird's nest craft when we got home. They were both so proud of them and we had a lot of fun putting them together!
In any case, this will definitely be something to remember for this fall when Emily is in preschool every morning and Christian and I need some fun little outing every couple of weeks.

1 comment:

Rebecca said...

It looks like you found a super fun activity. I like the birds nest idea. You sure have beautiful children~I'm not the least bit biased, either.