Wednesday, June 24, 2009

Father's Day 2009

This post is a bit belated, but I just wanted to record that this past Sunday was, of course, Father's Day.
In our home we've got one great Dad! One of the reason's that I married Cubby was because wherever we seemed to go, kids flocked to him (they still do). I just knew he would be a terrific father. He loves to play with Emily and Christian. He is definitely not one of those dads who "sit and watch" the kids play. Like my own dad, Cubby is almost always on the floor, playing with the kids. Also, like my dad (and his!), Cubby is a teaser. Sometimes, the kids will go along with it, other times they run to Mommy for help! His humor lightens the mood in our home and I'm so grateful for his enthusiam and his help in the evenings with the dishes and the children. It really makes the end of the day pleasant and something to look forward to.

Thank you, Cubby, for being a fantastic dad and husband! We sure love you!

6 comments:

Rebecca said...

I'm glad to hear that Cubby is such a good Dad. I've always said that if someone didn't like Cubby, there was something wrong with them!

Rebecca said...

Of course, I'm a little bit partial, too!

mizkylie said...

Yay for Cubby!!!! Isn't it heart-warming to see your kids and their daddy's play?!

Ware Family said...

I can just see Cubby out playing with the neighborhood gang!
Happy Father's Day!

Amber M. said...

What a great tribute to Cubby!

Lizabeth said...

What a great dad! he looks especially good in that classic chair!!! :) I love that (really!). We looked at a home where the owner looked just like you so we now refer to it as the Kathleen Lindseth house. I swear I want to buy it just because she looks like you (it had a pool, too). p.s. The cake looks wonderful to me!