Tuesday, September 1, 2009

School Has Arrived!

The other day, Emily told me, "Mommy, all of my friends are five. I'm so tired of being four. Can I just be five now?" Poor girl! I told her that once she got into school, she'd find that there are plenty of kids who are still four, waiting, just like her, to be five. At long last, that wonderful first day of school has arrived!

This year, Emily will be attending pre-school five mornings a week. One of her best buddies is in her class and she even knows her teacher from being in the classroom last year. She was super ready and had a wonderful first day! We're both very excited for the coming year--I know it'll be an adjustment to have Emily gone every morning, but it will definitely be good for her to have her little "thing" each day. Christian and I will also get a little one-on-one time before Kari comes along too. Hurray for preschool!

Christian wanted in on the green shirt action and is wearing Emily's shirt from last year! (Emily shirt this year shirt is a slightly different shade of green. Thankfully, she wasn't too put out by it NOT being blue!)

3 comments:

The Brough Family said...

Yea for Emily. Hope she has a great year!!! Enjoy that every morning business. I could only get Sara into two days a week and she is so sad. She wants to go everyday!!

Amber M. said...

Hooray for Miss Karin!

Rebecca said...

The first day of school is always exciting. Hope she had a great day!