Saturday, January 9, 2010

Big Brother, Reporting For Duty!

Christian is getting ready for his new role as a big brother. It's very sweet. I really can't believe that he's no longer my baby! Even as I type this, I'm stroking his blonde little head and telling him that he needs to go back to bed now, to which he softly replies, "no way". It's so sweet and soft, it's hard to correct him with a straight face...yeah, I'm smiling at him now...


Earlier this evening, Christian got out this baby doll that he and Emily have been playing with lately (see previous post) and proceeded to "teach" Daddy how to hold it and then read it a story. The baby is now in his bed. He also told Cubby today that he won't tease baby Kari (like he teases Emily). Too funny. I can't wait to see him learn to interact with his little sister and mentor her just as Emily does to him. (I'm sure he'll enjoy the bossing around bit too!) Here are a couple pictures of our big boy and "his" baby...



3 comments:

Diana said...

So precious! I can't wait until he does become the big brother he's prepared to become. Good luck! Love ya, babe.

Camie said...

Well done...

Lizabeth said...

I can't believe he's so big, either!!! Good luck on Thursday...that's the big day, right? Our thoughts & prayers are with you. xoxo Lizabeth