Thursday, January 7, 2010

A Blessing in Disguise


So, it turns out that me not being induced this week has become a blessing in disguise. On Tuesday night, my "cold" got significantly worse and the pressure behind my eyes, cheeks and jaw told me what the doctor confirmed Wednesday morning; that yes, I had a major sinus infection. Hurray for antibiotics!--I'm now on the mend and doing much better.
The other reason that still being pregnant has turned out to be a good thing is that we are in the midst of another blizzard! Well, it's not so much the snow amounts this time. It's the wind and the sub-zero temperatures that have caused schools to shut down from Wednesday through tomorrow (Friday). I am not exagerating when I say that it is FREEZING outside.
The kids have done amazingly well thus far and have only started to climb the walls in the late afternoon (nothing TOO new there). My mom came over and played yesterday morning so I could rest while the meds kicked in a bit and then we've done some other fun stuff too. (Pictured above are the kiddos prepping for baby-duty; it was pretty cute.) We've also painted and done a LOT of puzzling. So, not having to go anywhere, especially while sick, has been nice. Although, I will personally wring anyone's neck who cancels school next week!!!
I'm still hoping I'll go into labor before next Thursday, but, if I don't, I now realize that there must be a reason! Happy snow day tomorrow....

2 comments:

The Brough Family said...

What a good attitude. Glad you're feeling better and on some good meds. have to say I'm not missing those sub-zero temps. Good luck!! Can't wait to see pics of little Kari!!!

Cara said...

I'm glad things are looking up. I agree that having a newborn would not be a good thing in this weather! Hope your infection goes away quickly!